101°F
weather icon Clear

1,160 new coronavirus cases reported in 4 Northern Nevada counties

Four Northern Nevada counties reported a combined 1,160 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday night, a spike attributed to a procedural change, according to Carson City Health and Human Services.

“Due to the increase in positivity rates throughout the Quad-County region, CCHHS must change the case reporting protocol,” the agency said in a statement. “Previously, cases were not reported until an investigation was completed. Effective today, positive labs received will be reported as an active case.”

The newly reported cases, which have been compiled since Nov. 16, are from the counties of Carson City, Douglas, Lyon and Storey. No new recoveries were reported.

The Quad-County region has reported 4,153 total cases and 33 deaths from COVID-19 as of Tuesday.

Nevada set a record Tuesday for the for most cases reported in a day with 2,853, according to state data. The state also reported 24 deaths.

Free testing for Quad-County residents will be available at 10 events throughout December, according to CCHHS.

Contact Sabrina Schnur at sschnur@reviewjournal.com or 702-383-0278. Follow @sabrina_schnur on Twitter.

THE LATEST
Nevada GOP gubernatorial candidate pays for recount

Reno attorney Joey Gilbert, who lost the Republican primary for governor, has demanded a recount of the results in preparing for a lawsuit alleging the election was inaccurate.

Clark County registrar addresses claims of election fraud

In an interview with the Review-Journal, Joe Gloria disputed claims of fraud, which he said mostly stem from misunderstandings in how elections are run in Clark County.

Nevada man sentenced for assault on Vegas-Seattle flight

A Nevada man must serve six months home confinement and pay more than $49,000 in restitution after pleading guilty to assault and interference with airline crew members.