January 16, 2015 - 6:44 pm
The Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association announced Friday afternoon that Quest Academy would become an independent effective immediately and no longer participate in the Division IV Southern League for boys and girls basketball.
The NIAA said that Quest had requested Associate Membership status, which was authorized by executive director Eddie Bonine.
The move would make the Knights ineligible for postseason play.
NIAA assistant director Donnie Nelson confirmed that Quest’s full membership status was suspended. Nelson said Quest will appear before the board of control in April to discuss its status.
Quest’s girls had outscored two Division IV Southern League opponents 138-25 last week, and the boys team rolled to two wins, including an 88-18 victory over Sandy Valley. Nelson said those games would be wiped out, and he was unsure whether any of Quest’s remaining scheduled games against Division IV opponents would be played.